How To Write An I Love You Letter
An I Love You Letter is a great way to share some of the things you love about your sweetheart. An I Love You letter is fairly easy to write and will definitely be very warmly received. Here is a step-by-step plan to show you how to write an I Love You letter to your sweetheart.
1. If you have good computer skills, you can use a word processor to collect your thoughts. If not, you can easily use a couple of sheets of paper.
2. Write down one thing you love about your sweetheart. If you are having a little trouble, just imagine your sweetheart is sitting in front of you. Now image you start to say "I love you because...". What is the first thing you think of? Write it down. As an example, you might write down:
3. Now put that into a sentence that begins "I love you because". To use the faithfulness example, you might write:
I love you because of your loving devotion and faithfulness to me.
4. Then write down one or two reasons why that is important to you or how that makes you feel. To continue with the faithfulness example, you might write down:
not having to worry about being betrayed
5. Now put that in a sentence or two explaining why that is important to you or how that makes you feel. To continue with the example, you could write:
My head and heart rest easy because I know that you will always be mine.
6. When you put the two sentences together, you have the second paragraph of your I Love You letter (the first paragraph is written last):
7. Now write down another thing you love about your sweetheart and how that makes you feel. For this example I will use hugs:
8. Now turn your thoughts into a paragraph that begins "I love" :
9. Continue in the same way until you have five or six paragraphs. Each paragraph can start with "I love you because" or "I love" depending on what works best.
10. Now that you have most of your I Love You letter written, it is time to write the first paragraph. While you have been working on writing your I Love You letter, you have been thinking a lot about your love for your sweetheart. That is great, because the first sentence of the first paragraph is:
I love you.
11. Now complete the thought. How does it make you feel to be able to write that to your sweetheart? You could write:
I love you. I just don't think I can tell you that enough.
- or -
I love you. I can barely begin to tell you all the things I love about you.
You will notice that both examples are good transitions to the rest of your I Love You letter.
12. Each paragraph of your I Love You letter speaks to a little part of why you love your sweetheart. By simply ending your I Love You letter with "I love you", you convey that you love various attributes but you love even more in how they are collected together in one person.
13. Now that you have the rough draft of your I Love You letter done, read it out loud. Reading a love letter out loud will give you a better sense of how it flows. This is the point where you might want to reword a few sentences and possibly rearrange the paragraphs.
14. When you have the wording just right, write your love letter out in long hand.
15. Place your I Love You letter in an envelope and addressed it to her.
16. When you are enjoying a quiet moment together, pull out the envelope and read the love letter to your sweetheart.
17. When you are finished reading your I Love You letter, you can sit back and enjoy your sweetheart's loving appreciation for your effort.
An I Love You letter is a great way to express your love to your sweetheart. Now that you know how to write an I Love You letter, why don't you write one of you own. I think you will find that writing an I love you letter to your sweetheart will definitely bring you closer.